We’re hooking up the legendary Nintendo Entertainment System to the internet. Allowing anyone to compete with other players for the best Super Mario speed run time. In this BUILD thread, you can see the latest updates on the project.
Right now we have:
- SurroRTG - Surrogate’s low latency video streaming technology designed for interactive real-time experiences. Allowing people to control robotics thousands of miles away, as if they are playing a video game.
- The original NES, Super Mario Bros cartrige, and controllers
Things that need to be done:
- Camera and Lighting setup
- TV screen
- Connect controllers to the internet
- Design the look and feel of the stream
- Lot’s of custom coding
We look forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions.