Welcome to the build thread of project Batman66, where we share news and updates on building the world’s first real-time internet controlled pinball machine. During the development process, we will be engaging with the community, sharing insights, testing, giving early access to our active members and defining the details of the experience.
Right now we have:
- SurroRTG - Surrogate’s low latency video streaming technology designed for interactive real-time experiences. Allowing people to control robotics thousands of miles away, as if they are playing a video game.
- Batman66 (Catwoman Edition) Pinball Machine. We’ve asked pinball enthusiasts on Reddit, Facebook, and Discord, which pinball machine we should get. Batman66 was leading all the polls, so it was a no-brainer. With the help of Stern Pinball representatives, we have managed to acquire the limited edition Batman66 Catwoman Edition flipper for this project.
Things that need to be done:
- Set up the camera for the video stream - choosing what’s the best angle, lens type, etc.
- Design the environment for the pinball machine. What should be the light setup, how do we decorate the exterior, etc.
- Define the controls - test what are the best controls to play pinball on a computer
- Figure out how to integrate the internet connected controls to the Pinball Machine
- Lots of coding
We look forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions.